JOIN our youth basketball league where children will develop basketball skills in a positive and structured environment. Children can improve their technique, as they build social skills, gain confidence and develop leadership skills.
AGE: K-8th grade
COST: Members $48, non-members $93
DATES: Jan. 13-Mar. 10
SKILLS DAY: Saturday, Jan. 13 at the YMCA
- Kindergartners, YMCA: 8:30am–9:15am
- 1st–2nd grade: Eagle Cliffs, Beartooth, Alkali Creek: 9:30am–10:15am
- 1st-2nd grade: Boulder, Harvest:10:30am–11:15am
- 1st–2nd grade: YMCA: 11:30am–12:15pm
- 3rd–4th grade: Eagle Cliffs, Beartooth, Alkali Creek: 12:30pm –1:15pm
- 3rd–4th grade: Boulder, Harvest:1:30pm–2:15pm
- 3rd–4th grade: YMCA: 2:30pm–3:15pm
- 5th–8th grade: YMCA: 3:30pm–4:15pm
Participants’ skills are evaluated for team selection. The YMCA strives to create balanced and fair teams.
COACHES CLINIC/MEETING: 5:30pm, Jan. 4 in the Skytop Room
PRACTICE SITES: Practice sites must be selected at time of registration. Options for 1st–4th grade students are Harvest Church, Boulder, Eagle Cliffs, Alkali Creek, Beartooth, or the YMCA.
Kindergarten and 5th–8th grade will practice at the YMCA. A practice site needs to be selected at the time of registration. Space is limited at the offsite practice locations, so register early to secure your spot.
PRACTICES & GAMES:
- YMCA: K-2nd grade, Tuesday
- YMCA: 3rd-4th grade, Thursday
- YMCA: 5th–8th grade, Thursday
- Harvest 1st-4th grade: Tuesday or Thursday
- Boulder: Tuesday
- Eagle Cliffs: Thursday
- Alkali Creek and Beartooth: Wednesday
- All games held on Saturdays at the YMCA.
To avoid a $20 late fee, please register by Jan. 8Register Now!
HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL LEAGUE
Join our competitive boys’ high school league. Participants form their own 5×5 team.
AGES: 9th-12th grade
COST: Members $43, non-members $63
DATES: Dec. 1-Feb. 23
DAY & TIME: Fridays TBD
CAPTAINS MEETING: Dec. 1, 6pm, YMCA second floor commons area.
- Captains must be present to secure their team’s spot in the league and have a minimum of 8 players on each team.
- New Divisions! 9/10th grade and 11/12th graders will play against each other in separate divisions. 9/10th graders may play up if their team requests it.
- For individuals who sign up for the league, team placement is not guaranteed.
- Teams are responsible for their own uniforms and a score keeper at every game.
* Register by December 7th to avoid a $20 late fee.
3rd Annual 3X3 YBA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
This Indoor Basketball Tournament is for youth 1st-8th grade with both boys and girls divisions. YBA teams receive special pricing for this event! This event will fill up fast. Don’t miss out. Sign up early! 3 games guaranteed. A limited number of teams will be available in each age group. Please sign up early to reserve your team’s spot as they will fill fast.
AGE: 1st-8th grade, boys and girls divisions
COST: Member teams $83, YBA teams $68, non-member teams $98
DATES: Mar. 16-17
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 9
BASKETBALL SKILLS AND DRILLS
Basketball skills and drills coached by Mike Moten, is for players looking for specific instruction to improve their overall skills. We offer two different skill focus classes: inside scoring and ball handling/outside scoring. You must register for each class separately. Space is limited so sign up early.
AGE: 3rd-12th grade
COST: Members $73, non-members $117
DATES: Apr. 18-Jun. 1
SKILL GROUP/SIZE: Limited to 16 participants per group
- 3rd-5th grade, 6pm-7pm-Basic Skills
- 6th–12th grade, 7pm-8pm-Intermediate to Advanced Skills required
Skill and Drills Classes: Each class requires separate registration.
- Inside Scoring (Wednesdays)
- Ballhandling and Outside Scoring (Fridays)
*Please see pre-requisite skill list on flyer in order for your child to be
successful with this program.
BASKETBALL 1 ON 1
Sign up today for one-on-one instruction with Coach Mike Moten.
AGES: 3rd grade +
6 week session: members $245, non-members $345
12 week session: members $384, non-members $484
DATES & TIMES: Begins late March.
Michael Moten is currently the Head JV Girls Basketball Coach at Billings Senior High School. He has been a personal basketball trainer and coached various basketball camps and clinics around the world. Mike has a professional playing career average of 17 points and 11 rebounds per game. He attended the NBA veteran’s camp with the Seattle SuperSonics in 1999 and played basketball on the international circuit for 14 years.6 week session 12 week session
Have fun with friends and get active doing it! Join the YMCA today for county youth basketball for Laurel and surrounding communities.
AGE: K-4th grade
Members $48, students at Elder Grove, Elysian, NEW! Columbus,
NEW! Laurel and Canyon Creek $48, offsite members $58, non-members $93.
DATES: Jan. 27-Mar. 24
SKILLS DAY: Saturday, Jan. 27 at Elder Grove Big Gym
- Kindergarten: 10am-10:30am
- 1st-2nd grade: 11:30am-12:30pm
- 3rd-4th grade: 1:30pm-2:30pm
COACHES MEETING: Wednesday Jan. 24 at 6pm
- Location: YMCA Skytop Room
PRACTICES AND GAMES
- Games will be held on Saturdays starting Feb. 10. Location of the games and schedules can be found on YGametime. Practices will be held once a week, determined by gym and coach availability. You will be contacted via YGametime with your coach’s information. (Make sure you enter your email correctly.)
- Kindergarten practices and games will be held Saturdays. Each team will have a 30 min. practice for a half hour and a 30 min. game.
- No games on March 17. You will be able to enter your team into our 3×3 YBA Tournament that weekend. It fills up fast; please enter ASAP to reserve your team’s spot.
Register by Jan. 22 to avoid a $20 late fee.Register Now!