Slam Dunk! Come JOIN our fall basketball league and stay active this season. Your child will learn new
basketball skills, make new friends, and have fun in a semi-competitive environment.
Register by Oct. 15 to avoid $20 late fee.
AGE: K-8 grade
COST: Members $48, non-members $93
DATES: Oct. 20-Dec. 15
DAY & TIME: See Practice and Games Schedule below.
Coaches Meeting: Friday, Oct. 5, 2018 at 5:30pm, upstairs in the YMCA commons area.
Skills Day: Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018, YMCA Fortin Gym
• Kindergartens: 8:30am-9am
• 1–2 Grade (6:30 Practice Time): 9:15am-10am
• 1–2 Grade (7:30 Practice Time): 10:15am-11am
• All Harvest Church Participants 3-6 Grade: 10:15am-11am
• 3–4 Grade: 11:15am-12pm
• 5–8 Grade: 12:15pm-1pm
Practices and Games:
• K-2 grade practice will be Tuesday nights and 3-8 grade Thursday nights at the YMCA.
• Games will be held on Saturdays in the YMCA Fortin Gym.
• Teams and game schedules will be determined by final enrollment numbers after skills day.
• Offsite practice area is available at Harvest Church for our Heights participants. Limited
space is available so register early to secure your spot for either Tuesday or Thursday night.
HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL LEAGUE
Join our annual competitive boy’s high school league. Participants will form their own 5×5 team with a minimum of 8 players per team.
AGES: 9-12 grade
COST: Members $43, non-members $63
DATES: Nov. 30-Feb. 22
DAY & TIME: TBD after Captains meeting
CAPTAINS MEETING: Nov. 30 at 5pm, upstairs in the YMCA commons area. Captains must be present to secure your team’s spot in the league AND have a minimum of 8 players on your team.
• Two Divisions. 9/10 graders and 11/12 graders will play against each other in separate divisions.
9/10 graders may play up if their team requests it.
• For individuals who sign up for the league, team placement is not guaranteed.
• A late fee of $20 will be applied to all registrations submitted after Nov. 30, 2018.
• Teams are responsible for their own uniforms and a score keeper at every game.
BASKETBALL SKILLS AND DRILLS
BASKETBALL SKILLS AND DRILLS with Coach Mike Moten!
Give your hoopster some extra practice on the court. Areas of focus will be shooting or ball handling and outside scoring. Must register for each area of focus separately.
AGE: 3-12 grade
COST: Members $73, non-members $117
DATES: Sept. 11-Oct. 18
DAY & TIME: Tuesdays-Shooting
Thursdays-Ball handling and outside scoring
3-5 grade 6pm-7pm
6-12 grade 7pm-8pm
LOCATION: YMCA Fortin Gym
Limited to 16 participants per group
BASKETBALL 1 ON 1 with Coach Mike Moten
Basketball 1 on 1 is a program for kids that would like individual instruction on the game of basketball
with Coach Mike Moten. We offer 6 week or 12 week sessions.
AGES: 3 grade and up
COST: 6 week session: member $245, non-member $345
12 week session: member $384, non-member $484.
DATES & TIMES: TBD with registration.
Michael Moten is currently the Associate Head Coach at Central High School. He has been a personal basketball trainer and managing director at The Love Basketball, organizing and coaching various basketball camps and clinics around the world. Mike has a professional playing career average of 17
points and 11 rebounds. He attended the NBA veteran’s camp with Seattle SuperSonics in 1999 and played basketball on the international circuit for 14 years.