Be a YMCA Volunteer!
To fully serve our communities, the YMCA depends on the talent and contributions of our dedicated volunteers.
There are so many ways to give back through the YMCA, and everyone makes a difference.
Help is welcomed year-round, and a variety of volunteer opportunities are available:
- Program support. Provide hands-on help by coaching a team, mentoring a teen, assisting members, or helping run programs.
- Philanthropy. Help raise money for scholarships and financial aid, so that the YMCA will always be available and accessible to everyone.
- Special events. Assist with planning, promoting, and hosting events that strengthen our community.
As a YMCA volunteer, you’ll directly impact the lives of people, families, children, and seniors, and help make our community stronger. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Explore your interests and passions
- Develop leadership skills
- Meet new connections and friends
- Learn, grow, and have fun
Teens 14 and older are encouraged to participate. Volunteering at the Y is a great way to get involved and earn community service hours for high school requirements.
To protect our members and program participants, the YMCA conducts a national and state criminal background check on all staff and volunteers.