In more than 115 years our facility has never been this idle. We are so excited to welcome YOU Back!
Our staff and entire Y family have been preparing and getting ready to reopen under a new normal. We will open our doors on Friday, May 15th at 5:00am!
Thank you for #StayingWithUs!
We would never wish to be closed for another eight weeks, but I can tell you we used this time wisely! Because of YOU our dedicated members, we were able to provide emergency childcare for essential workers, feed homeless teens, and help you stay healthy and connected through virtual group X and live Zoom classes. Our Dance and Karate classes continued virtually! Along with these programs, we deep cleaned, disinfected, painted, had the mechanical systems checked, air filters replaced, and made necessary repairs throughout the entire YMCA. We have nearly completed our construction project which includes sliding front doors, lobby flooring, five youth center bathroom remodels and an outdoor and indoor playground. Sliding entry doors will also be installed at the back entrance this month!
We will be reopening in phases to adhere to the Governor’s Directives that were just released last week.
General Membership Information
- Hours of operation will be slightly modified. We will close one hour early M-F at 8:00pm.
- Social Distancing must be maintained at all times throughout the Y. (6 feet distance).No loitering in the facility.
- Members accessing our fitness facility and pools are asked to enter through the main doors. The back entrance is reserved for childcare and program drop off and pick up only.
- Only YMCA members will be allowed to access the Y. No Guest passes or Nation Wide Membership available.
- No outside groups /organizations will be allowed to utilize the Y.
- Individuals with the following symptoms should avoid the Y and other public places (persistent cough, fever, or shortness of breath, encouraged not to return until they have been symptom free for 72 hours.)
- Members that have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are quarantined due to COVID-19 shall follow the guidance of the local health officials regarding returning to the Y.
- Locker rooms will be open with limited access to showers.
- Towels will not be provided
- Racquetball courts will be open with limited access, 2 members per court.
- Fitness centers will be open with limited capacity.
- No children under the age of 12 allowed in fitness areas.
- We ask members to be respectful of others and limit times on equipment during peak hours.
- Group exercise classes will continue in our parking lot and virtually.
- Pools will be open with limited access, registration required.
- Swim times will be limited to 45 minutes and registration will be required for both the deep and shallow pools.
- Pool registration will open on Thursday, May 14th at 5:00 pm. More information will be made available as we continue to finalize details.
- Life jackets and swim belts will be available. No other swim equipment will be provided.
- Saunas, Steam Rooms and Hot Tubs
- Kids Fitness Center
- All seating areas (lobby, memorial room, etc.)
As excited as we are to open our doors, we need your help to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our primary goal of opening is to get you back on your health journey, as we know the Y plays a critical role in the physical, mental and social health of all that walk through our doors! We need you, our members, to adhere to our strict social distancing guidelines and disinfecting protocols in order for us to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please contact the YMCA at 248-1685.