TOGETHER, WE CAN PREVENT THE SPREAD OF GERMS
WHAT IS THE CORONA VIRUS?
Please use the links below to find out more information about the Coronavirus Disease including symptoms, treatment, current cases and more.
- Regular sanitizing with a high tech fogging machine in all childcare areas
- Nightly deep cleaning for the entire facility after close
- Locker room deep cleaning throughout the day during peak business hours
- Volunteers specifically focused on cleaning high traffic areas and fitness room equipment
- Group Exercise and Water Exercise instructors reminding and encouraging members to clean equipment/machines before and after use
- Having a reasonable stock of sanitizer and cleaning products on hand to accommodate growing demand
- Fitness and Membership staff spending additional time cleaning machines and high traffic areas
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing (if tissues are not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow). It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practice good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
- In your home and at work, frequently clean door handles and high-touch areas (while wearing protective rubber gloves) with disinfecting wipes. Also, remember to frequently clean all portable electronic devices.
- When you are at the Y, use a disinfectant wipe to clean equipment before and after each use.
- When you are sick, stay home. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Stay informed through trusted sources, such as the WHO and CDC